How to Boost Global Food Supplies
April 18, 2013
6:00 – 7:30 pmAlthough there has been an incredible increase in global food supplies, the “green revolution”, demand growth and negative side effects of large scale conventional agriculture present long-term problems. Our panel, experts and entrepreneurs, present alternative models for agriculture production that they believe are economically feasible and environmentally benign. Join George Irwin (Green Living Technologies International and GLT Institute) and David Smiles (Uriahs Farm and Cityscape Greenroofs and Walls)
1) What is the scale of the problems you see with current production methods?
2) What is the potential scale of your solutions?
3) What could Tampa be with “green roofs and walls”?
4) Which cities are at the forefront and what conditions encourage progress?
5) What could UT students do if they are interested and willing to help?